Sunday, April 8, 2012

A Fischer Family Passover

This past week/weekend my family came to town to celebrate Passover.  My mother came in last Tuesday to do most of the cooking in my kitchen and the rest of my family came in on Friday for the two Seders. 

After picking my mom up at the airport, we drove back to my apartment to take inventory of the kitchen (and for her to determine what we'd need to pick up the following morning at Wegmans).  After that, I had to head back to school for class, after which we, along with my girlfriend, finally made it to Amada.  The food was delicious. 

The next morning, my mother and I went to Wegmans to shop for the passover Seders.  She was incredibly impressed that we were actually able to get everything she needed to prepare for the Seders.  After getting back home and putting everything away, my mom began her epic three day quest to prepare the Seder.  That night we, along with two of my friends went to Zahav, an Israeli restaurant down in Old City, which is one of my favorite restaurants in the city.  We did their Tayim (their tasting menu), and everything was delicious.  On Thursday, I turned in my masters paper (wahoo!!) and we went to Zama for dinner.  It lived up to our billing as the best sushi restaurant in the city. 

On Friday my grandpa, dad and brother came in and we had our family Seder.  It was really great having everybody (minus my sister, who was missed) there.  My mom's food turned out great and we had a great time. 




Saturday morning my brother's girlfriend, Jamie arrived. The two of them, Lindy, me, my Dad and my grandpa and I went down to Independence Hall and walked around.  My grandpa is a big history buff and loved it 
We then got frozen yogurt at Sweet Endings and ate it in Rittenhouse Square since it was a beautiful spring day. 



The second Seder was just as good as the first (my mom made brisket, which is my favorite).  It was great getting to spend time with the family.  They all left today, but to paraphrase, next year in Philadelphia...  



No comments: