Sunday, May 13, 2012

So Long Farewell...

This will be my last post as an admissions GA for GSE.  Though I'll likely continue to blog (albeit not nearly as frequently), my time as a GA has come to an end.  I thought I'd write this last post about the things I'll take from my time at GSE to bring back to the medical school. 

The two most significant endeavors are first, my masters paper, which I'll be working on submitting to a medical journal.  It'll have to be shortened considerably, and altered from being written for an Education Audience to a Medical one, changing some of the terminology and writing. 

The second one, is a final project I created for EDUC 639.  It started as a simulation based curriculum for the basic science portion of the medical curriculum (the first two years of medical school at most schools, the first eighteen months at Penn).  While the project has had to be altered for monetary and logistical reasons, it will hopefully get off the ground in its altered form in the next year or so. 

I'm also going to be helping the medical school out on another project that the administration is working on.  It's an online platform called coursera.  I'll be helping out with three of the courses the medical school will be putting together, one on vaccines, another on cardiac arrest and a third on pharmacology. 

The final thing is I'm hoping to turn a teen pregnancy prevention project I helped create into something that might be utilized. 

It's been a great year.  I've learned a tremendous amount, but I'm also excited to get back to medical school.  I start in the nursery at Pennsylvania Hospital tomorrow. 

No comments: